Holy Family School admits students of any gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnic or national origin in administration of educational or admissions policies. Holy Family School does not discriminate against otherwise qualified students and/or applicants on the basis of disability.
Admission Procedures for New Students
- Registration will begin during Catholic Schools’Week at the end of January.
- All students seeking admission will be tested prior to placement. After testing, all applicants will be notified as to their admission status. If after testing it is determined that the student qualifies for admission, but there is not a space in the class, they will be laced on the waiting list.
- Admission of students is dependent upon the results of testing and an interview. Admission is also contingent upon receipt and review of prior school records.
- Those requesting enrollment into Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 on or before August 31, of the school year. Those requesting enrollment into Kindergarten must be 5 on or before August 31, of the school year. Those requesting enrollment into First Grade must be 6 on or before August 31, of the school year.
- If a family chooses not to enter their child in Kindergarten, and wants their child to attend First Grade, they may reserve a space in First Grade only by written request made by September first of what would be the Kindergarten year, and payment of half a year’s tuition by the end of February of what would be the Kindergarten year. This tuition will be applied to the First Grade tuition and is non-refundable, unless space is unavailable. Because children already enrolled in Kindergarten have priority for First Grade enrollment, there will be a limited number of spaces available.
- As openings occur for each grade level, students will be admitted and/or placed on the waiting list. Pre K class size is limited to 16. While our goal at Holy Family School is to limit class size in grades K-8 to 30 students, the maximum class size and staffing may be adjusted from time to time at the discretion of the principal, in consultation with the School Commission and the Pastor.
- First: to siblings of students currently enrolled in Grades Pre-K through 8.
- Second: to registered, active Holy Family parishioners.
- Third: to Catholic families registered and active in another parish.
- Fourth: to all others sincerely interested in raising their children in a Catholic School environment.
When the applicants are equal, the following will be taken into consideration:
Re-registration Process for Returning Students
- Longevity in Holy Family Parish
- Siblings of alumni of Holy Family School
- Grandchildren of long-time Parishioners
- Birth date of the student
- Results of any interviews deemed necessary by the Principal
- Students of families that are registered in other Catholic parishes with first priority given to Parish subsidized families.
- Non Catholic students will be eligible for admission if a place is available after June 1st. Non-Catholic students are placed on the waiting list in the order their applications are received in the school office.
- Any exceptions to the priority basis can only be made by the Pastor of Holy Family Parish.
Students who are enrolled for the current year may be re-registered for the next school year by:
- Parents returning the January Intent to Register form, stating their desire to re-enroll. If this form is not returned to the school office by February 1st, the student may be removed from the class list for the next school year.
- After review of current year’s tuition contract compliance, a contract for the next school year will be offered providing all current contract obligations have been met. The review shall include: current tuition payments, fundraising obligations (including service hours), current active Parish status (Stewardship and participation in Parish life).
- Non compliance could result in change of tuition contract status.